At Yohden Primary School we have worked with all members of our school community to design a curriculum that meets the needs of all our children. In its design we have considered:
- What we want our children to learn?
- What we want our children to be like?
- What do we want our children to experience?
Our curriculum has been built on looking at what children in our community need. It is constantly under review to ensure that it not only fully covers the content of the national curriculum, but that it inspires our children to go on to do great things. It gives them the opportunity to believe, learn, aspire and achieve in order for them to become valuable members of society.
Our key intent aims are:
- To give our children rich experiences and appreciate our natural and manmade environments.
- To develop the best learning behaviours for all children.
- To deepen staff and children’s knowledge in all subjects and to make sure that key learning and vocabulary is remembered.
- To develop children’s characters so they become more resilient and independent to make them good citizens.
- To stimulate children’s interest, inspire and encourage life-long learning.
- To develop children’s passion for reading.
- To appreciate and respect British Values.
- To develop a positive mindset, confidence and ambition.
Each subject leader has produced their own intent statement that feeds into this overarching curriculum intent.
You can view or download our long term curriculum plans by clicking the links below. Visit the classes section of our website to see our curriculum in action or view our subject areas for an in-depth look at what we study.
Year 1 Long term plan
Year 2 Long term plan
Year 3 Long term plan
Year 4 Long term plan
Year 5 Long term plan
Year 6 Long term plan
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Yohden Primary School we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found on our SEND page.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.