Our policy encourages all children to wear uniform and is based on the notion that a school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a feeling of community and belonging
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be)
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable and good value for money, by most parents and carers
- Has been designed with health and safety in mind.
Please can parents be aware that the school does not permit extreme haircuts.
Boys—royal blue jumper or sweatshirt with or without school logo, white polo top or shirt, black or grey trousers, or shorts, black shoes
Girls—royal blue jumper / sweatshirt or cardigan with or without school logo, white polo top or shirt, black or grey skirt or trousers, black shoes. Girls may also wear a blue and white summer school dress.
Please can ask that children do not wear cycling shorts as their normal uniform. Girls may wear some shorts under skirts and dresses if they wish.
For health and safety reasons, we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. Children are only allowed to wear a watch and a pair of stud earrings. These must be removed by the child before taking part in PE/sport.
If your child has his/her ears pierced during the school term, then they must bring plasters to cover their earrings during PE.
Children must have a full change of clothing for PE.
- Black or royal blue shorts (tracksuit bottoms – winter months)
- White T-shirt
- Trainers rather than plimsolls have been recommended due to them being less likely to slip or come off children’s feet.
No crop tops, football shirts or inappropriate clothing.
Parents are asked to ensure that PE kit is in school at all the times. Occasionally, classes will have additional PE or Games lessons or may change the day when the lesson(s) takes place. The children will be encouraged to take home their kit at weekends (Key Stage 2) or each half-term (Reception and Key Stage 1) for washing to take place.
Children who are attending swimming lessons require:
- A full swimming costume or trucks
- Swimming cap
Children will be required to remove earrings prior to getting into the pool.
How To Order
If you would like to purchase uniform bearing the school logo please visit the following website to order. https://studentuniform.co.uk/yps150