Our policy encourages all children to wear uniform and is based on the notion that a school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a feeling of community and belonging
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be)
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable and good value for money, by most parents and carers
- Has been designed with health and safety in mind.
Please can parents be aware that the school does not permit extreme haircuts.
The School encourages the wearing of suitable clothing in the school colours. Our School uniform consists of the following:
- Royal blue cardigan or sweatshirt
- Blue and white checked summer dress
- Grey or black trousers or skirt
- White Shirt or polo shirt
- Black flat school shoes /boots [High heel shoes are not permitted]
For health and safety reasons, we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. Children are only allowed to wear a watch and a pair of stud earrings. These must be removed by the child before taking part in PE/sport.
If your child has his/her ears pierced during the school term, then they must bring plasters to cover their earrings during PE.
Children must have a full change of clothing for PE.
- Shorts (tracksuit bottoms – winter months)
- White T-shirt
- Plimsolls / Trainers
Parents are asked to ensure that PE kit is in school at all the times. Occasionally, classes will have additional PE or Games lessons or may change the day when the lesson(s) takes place. The children will be encouraged to take home their kit at weekends (Key Stage 2) or each half-term (Reception and Key Stage 1) for washing to take place.
At present, some of the KS2 children attend swimming lessons on a Wednesday. Parents are asked to ensure that their child has the appropriate clothing:
- 1 piece swimming costume or trunks (not shorts)
- Swimming hat for both girls and boys
- Verruca sock (if needed)
How To Order
Royal Blue Cardigans, Sweatshirts, Waterproof Coats, White T- shirts and PE strips can all be ordered through school. All items will have the School Logo embroidered on it and the sweatshirt, cardigans can also have your child’s name embroidered on it . This has proved to be very helpful during PE lessons when children are looking for their own clothes.
Uniform can be purchased from the Student Uniform website.
Completed order forms should be returned with payment to the school office.
To view our School Uniform Policy please see the school policies section of our website.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.