We follow the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Its core values are to focus on a combination of academic, personal and international learning for children worldwide, combined with innovative and exciting ways to learn.
The IPC is designed to help children:
- Learn the essential knowledge, skills and understanding of a broad range of curriculum subjects
- Engage with their learning so that they remain committed to learning throughout their school careers and their lives
- Develop the personal qualities they need to be good citizens and to respond to the changes over their lifetime
- Develop a deep sense of their own nationality and culture at the same time as developing a profound respect for the nationalities and cultures of others
- As a staff and governing body we believe that this innovative curriculum helps to prepare our children for the future
Our Curriculum also includes the social aspects imperative for lifelong learning. The Rights Respecting School Award Level 2 and Investing In Children Award demonstrates the importance of children having high expectations of behaviour and tolerance towards each other.
You can view or download our long term curriculum plans by clicking the links below. Visit the classes section of our website to see our curriculum in action or view our subject areas for an in-depth look at what we study.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Yohden Primary School we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in the SEN Information Report.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.